|加藤 希里 |
|Birthday||April 8, 1993|
|School||Kaimei High School|
|Class||1-D (chapters 1-209)|
2-? (chapters 210-present)
|Likes||doing things his own way|
|Dislikes||taking orders from others|
|Manga Debut||Chapter 152|
|Anime Debut||Episode 72|
In middle school, his friend Kihara was harassed on a regular basis. Unable to effect the situation to any large degree himself, Katō asked a teacher to intervene. Unfortunately, the teacher turned out to also be tormenting Kihara and made the situation even worse, leading the latter to be shunned by the entire class. As a result, Katō lost faith in the idea of relying on others.
Because of his frequently expressed stern, stoic face; he's considered to be handsome (at least mentioned by Himeko). He is well-built and has silver colored hair. There are bobby-pins that hold up the left side of his hair, from which his earrings are noticeable. In his debut, he is seen wearing a chain necklace with a pendant hanging; his outfit consist of baggy pants, white button-up shirt, sweater, with chains attached to his pants. His overall image seemed to emit delinquency notwithstanding him joining the student council later on.
Katō likes doing things on his own or with his own way and hates taking orders from others. He has a tendency to speak bluntly and act spontaneously. After he acknowledges Tsubaki, he becomes fiercely protective of the latter and less adamant about working alone, now choosing to follow whatever Tsubaki wants him to do, which includes working together with the rest of the Student Council.
Major Story ArcsEdit
- Agility and sharp reflexes: Kiri Katō is very agile and possesses sharp reflexes.
- Speed: Kiri's speed is so fast to the point of him looking as if he teleported from one place to another.
- Strength: As a ninja, Kiri is naturally tough and very strong.
- Use of weaponry: He also carries an arsenal of weapons to use in combat.
- Kusarigama (it has a weight and sickle bind with a chain)
- Tsubaki: At first, Katō belittles Tsubaki's position as student council president, refusing to take orders from him or act along with the rest of the group. However, after the incident with Kutsuwa, where Tsubaki refused to abandon Katō, the latter became Tsubaki's staunch supporter and self-appointed bodyguard. Katō and Tsubaki's relationship is often juxtaposed with Himeko and Bossun's.
- Himeko: Katō respects Himeko because she rescued him from a gang when he was in middle school. The two of them become good friends to the point where Katō is willing to share his personal backstory with her. She is the first one to truly open up to him in the series because of their similar violent tendencies. Bossun makes the mistake that they are dating, but is later proven wrong, as Himeko says that she isn't interested in him at all.
To Tsubaki: "I, Katou Kiri of the post General Affairs, swear my allegiance to the Student Council president, Tsubaki. Your wish is my command."
To Bossun: "Whatever the Sket-Dan needs to do, I'll settle it. You can retire now, Bossun-san."