|Relatives||Rumi Fujisaki (daughter)|
Yūsuke Fujisaki (adoptive son)
|Manga Debut||Chapter 81|
|Anime Debut||Episode 3|
Akane Fujisaki (藤崎 茜, Fujisaki Akane) is Bossun's foster mother.
She was close friends with Bossun's biological parents, Haru and Ryōsuke. When Ryōsuke lost his wallet, Akane tagged along with him. She witnessed Ryosuke risking his life to save a young boy named Taisuke from being hit by a car. Akane told Ryosuke to be careful, and when Ryōsuke joked about dying, she gets offended by his humor. Moments later, Ryōsuke found an elderly lady who has collapsed, and he helped her. Over at her son's home, Akane found out that the elderly woman wants to pay Ryōsuke, 1 million Yen. She urged Ryōsuke to reconsider taking the reward, but Ryōsuke declined the offer. Instead, Ryōsuke receives a "Joint Man" doll. On the way home, Ryōsuke and Akane bumped into a nerdy man who wanted to buy the doll. When Ryōsuke sees that the man has his wallet, he learned that the man has spent his money on the camcorder that Ryōsuke wanted to buy.
Years later, Akane attended Haru and Ryōsuke's wedding, and on the day of Haru's birthday, Akane drives Haru to the hospital. A tragic event occurred when Akane's car hits another car, Dr. Tsubaki's. The doctor and his wife hurries Haru to the emergency room, and as Akane waits outside, Haru passed away after telling the doctor to adopt one of the twin boys. Unbeknownst to Akane, she took care of Yūsuke without knowing about Yūsuke's twin brother.
After the death of Bossun's parents, she kept the truth about them from Bossun until he figured things out on his 15th birthday.
Back in high school and during the time when Haru and Ryōsuke were alive, she has short brown hair. Now, she has brown eyes and long, brown hair that reaches past her nape and shoulders. She has a beauty mark near the right corner of her lip.
As demonstrated in the scene where Mamoru tries to reward Ryōsuke, Akane seems to love money. She is quite playful with her son. For example, she and Rumi teases Bossun if he had any gifts on Valentine's Day. She may not seem like a responsible mother, but she cares deeply for Bossun and Rumi.
- Yūsuke Fujisaki: He's her adopted son. After Bossun has run away and returned home, Akane slaps him and tells him that he is everything to her. This incident strengthens her bond with Bossun. Along with Rumi, Akane does tease Bossun about girls and his relationship with Tsubaki.
- Ryōsuke Kirishima: She and Ryōsuke are close friends since high school. She is concerned about Ryōsuke's well being when he risks his life to save Taisuke.
- Haru Kirishima: Akane and Haru are close friends as demonstrated when Haru has complete faith in Akane at the hospital where she trusts Akane to take care of her children before she passes away.
- Rumi Fujisaki: Rumi is Akane's biological daughter, and her personalities are quite similar to Akane. For example, Rumi asks Bossun to get her food while Akane does the same.
- Manga Only: She confesses to Bossun that she had a little crush on Ryosuke, but she gave up because she knew that Haru loved Ryosuke the most.
- To Bossun: "Maybe you didn't come out of me, but my best friend gave birth to you, my son."